Key Result Areas and Strategic Objectives
Strategic Area 1: Improved communication and networking
- Organize annual youth development forum that will gather its members and those working on youth development issues to share experiences and discuss on challenges
- Organize annual development marketplace, in which COYDOE will work with respective government offices to promote innovation and award promising experiences
- Organize regular discussion forums with member organizations and government
- Document and publish member organizations programmatic activities and their achievements
- Participate in different forums e.g. technical working groups and/or task teams, established by the relevant government ministries
- Organize regular experience sharing visits at local, national and international level.
Strategic Area 2: Creating enabling environment
- Translate the Ethiopian Youth Call to Action from the 3rd International Family Planning Conference into a program by working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and the Consortium of Reproductive Health Associations (CORHA)
- Regularly develop and disseminate policy brief on pertinent youth development issues to various policy makers and the media at large
- Preparing fact sheets on the identified 4 priority engagement areas of COYDOE to be widely distributed to inform policy and program development
- Quarterly panel discussion will be organized to discuss on issues of concern to young people
- Work with the Ministry of Women, Children and Youth Affairs for more support to youth led development organizations
- Create various platforms to discuss and improve adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health services
- Using international days on youth, population, environment, girls and women as a platform to promote our issues.
Strategic Area 3: Institutional capacity development
- Develop tailor-made organizational capacity building plans for member organizations
- Work towards increasing the visibility of youth organizations through effective utilization of print and electronic media
- Strengthen COYDOE secretariat to develop and put in place workable systems including financial procedures, gender mainstreaming, resource mobilization plan, communication strategy and use of IT.
Strategic Area 4: Resource mobilization
- Carefully assess promising experiences of member organization on ASRH, empowering adolescents and young people, and environment programs for scaling up purpose Extensively promote the work of its member organizations in different forums
- Put in place a resource mobilization strategy by working with its member organizations
- Assist member organizations to develop their own local resource mobilization strategies.
Strategic Area 5: Adolescent and Youth Participation
- Improve member youth organization’s access to information in order to enable young people to make better use of their opportunities to participate in decision-making
- Encourage and promote youth associations through financial, educational and technical support and promotion of their activities
- Organize annual innovative projects competitions among youth organizations and award promising ones
- Document the contribution of youth organizations to the national development
- Encourage increased national, regional and international cooperation and exchange between youth organizations
- Encourage meaningful youth participation by working in partnership with the Ethiopian Youth Federation in the designing of the second growth and transformation plan and the V health sector development plan, implementation and evaluation